- Find a teacher
- Job Center
- Register as a teacher
- Sign in
Lektor Richard Orange (Kraków) język: English
Country of origin:United Kingdom
Bachelor's degree (BA, MS, BEd, BFA, etc.)
Legal degree (LLB, JD, etc.)
Hello. I am a native-speaking English language teacher, specialising in General, Business and Legal English. I grew up in Warwickshire, near to William Skakespeare's birthplace of Stratford-upon-Avon. I arrived in Krakow in November 2012, and enjoy the area.
I have worked as:
- A journalist (writing and proof reading);
- A University lecturer in media, business and law;
- A director of a media company (working with national newspapers and the BBC).
As a journalist, I received in-depth training in the use of English for professional communication purposes. I also worked as a 'sub-editor', proof reading news and feature articles for accuracy and checking that articles were legal and correct.
I can help you to:
- Improve your written English skills;
- Develop your spoken English skills;
- Strengthen your listening skills in English.
I taught journalism, politics and law at Universities in Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire (UK). I trained students to write news articles and features for newspapers, magazines and radio programmes; to improve speaking and listening skills and; to prepare for job interviews and the world of work.
I can help you to:
- Write letters, emails and business statements;
- Hold conversations with English-speaking friends and business people.
- Prepare for interviews, presentations and public speaking events.
I am a published author (Specialist Journalism, Routledge Oxford, December 2012). I have written for British national newspapers - including The Times, The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph and The Irish Independent.
I can help you to:
- Write articles, notes and reports;
- Check and correct common mistakes in punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Proofread business and academic texts.
My arrived in Krakow in November 2012, and took the CELTA English language course for adult learners, at the British Council. Krakow is a welcoming and fascinating town. The people attending the English language lessons were friendly, motivated and eager to learn.
I have lived in Krakow for three years and offer private Business English, Legal English and General English tutorials to clients. I have experience of preparing students for the ILEC legal English examinations and have taught business English at companies in Krakow.
The first lesson is free of charge.
Education, Qualifications, Experience:
- Sibford School, Oxfordshire (an independent grammar school) 1976-1980;
- North Oxfordshire College (English, Politics and History) 1980-1984;
- Trent Polytechnic, Nottingham (European politics, history and literature) 1984-1987, and;
- Nottingham Law School (Graduate Diploma in Law) 2008-2010; (Legal Practice Course) 2011-2012.
- A levels in English, Government and Politics, History;
- BA Honours in Modern European Studies, including English and European literature/culture and history;
- Graduate Diploma in Law;
- CELTA English language training for adult learners.
- ILEC Legal English certificate.
I have been working at the Prolog School in Krakow since March 2013, as a General and Business English tutor, for intermediate and advanced speakers. I also provide Business English lessons to independent clients.
I am a professional writer and worked in the newspaper industry between 1987 and 2000. I started my own business as an independent journalist in 2000, and have worked for The Times, The Guardian, Daily Telegraph, the Irish Independent and the BBC.
I spent 11 years (2000-2011) lecturing in media, business and law at the University of Lincoln and as a visiting tutor at Nottingham Trent University.
I taught news and feature writing, magazine layout and design, law, political reporting, business reporting, and health/medical journalism.
I continue to write for newspapers, magazines and broadcasters.
I have earned my living from English. The language opens many doors in the business, legal, cultural and artistic worlds. My job is to help you to improve your skills, so that you can use English with increased confidence and authority. My motto is: 'Practice Makes Perfect'.
Interests, Hobbies, & Other Info:
I enjoy snow skiing, and as a journalist I attend alpine races, interviewing the world's top ski athletes. I also enjoy cricket, hill walking and photography.
Here is a selection of testimonials from students I have taught:
"Richard had a way of motivating the class and using case studies to make the work more enjoyable. I found him to be approachable and willing to go the extra mile to help me on certain areas that I didn't understand": Communications assistant.
"Richard is a motivated and inspiring lecturer who certainly helped me to navigate the complex world of journalism in order for me to succeed in this area of my studies. Not only is he highly professional and knowledgeable, his personable manner makes him approachable and easy to talk to": Assistant editor (national magazine).
"Richard was an excellent tutor, who deconstructed complex legislation, regulations and legalese into easy-to-understand lectures and seminars to give me knowledge I draw on each day in my work": Journalist (national media).
"Never a lecture went by without Richard inspiring me to push myself harder to achieve my goals": Editorial assistant.
Availability:Available for lessons
Voivodship(s) where you teach:małopolskie
Possible lesson location(s):teacher can travel to client
Possible lesson location(s):online (Skype, video chat, etc.)
Age groups:Students (18-26 years old)
Age groups:Adults (26 years old and up)
Can you issue invoices to clients?:Yes
Do you work on the weekends?:Yes